Thursday, May 20, 2010

Novel Project

                               life
  1.                  Character Backstory

                                                    Life so far has been hard. Wass up to the people out their who live is still on track and always have been. My name is Devon Jefferson. Im 13 years old livin in harlem. My moms and paps died when i was 10, they were driving to my Elmentary Graduation. They were in a car accident. A drunk driver slamed into my moms and paps car, They were dead 20 mintues after they arrived at the hospital. They were so exicited to see me graduate because that means i might go to middle school, than high school, than colleage.

                        Nobody in my family has graduated from colleage. The professers actually told my moms and paps they might graduate because percentages show that about 63 percent of Hispanics/Latinos and Blacks will graduate or fail. My paps was Hispanic and my moms was Black. They both met in high school. So now 5 years later im in colleage tryin to beat thoose percentages and make my mom and paps happy. 

            Before i arrived at colleage my life was almost gone. I was in a gang and when i got out, one of the people in a gang that we used to fight pulled out a gun on me. I ranned but he shot me in the leg, than when i was on the ground bleeding i was shot again in the chest and in my right arm. Somebody who heard the gun shots called the cops and the ambulance. I also shot somebody once. He was a cashier at a store i was stealing from. I shot him when he pulled a gun out on me. I knew my moms and paps cryin cause of what i did but smilin cause of how i improved and now goin to colleage fulfillin their dream.

No comments: